When should you see a urologist?

A urologist specialises in treating conditions affecting the urinary system in men and women, including the kidneys, bladder, ureters and urethra, as well as the penis, testes, scrotum and prostate in men.

You should consider seeing a urologist if you have recurrent symptoms of:

  • Urine leakage
  • Urinary tract infections
  • Blood in urine
  • Difficulty urinating
  • Erectile dysfunction
  • Suspicion of male infertility
  • Poor bladder control
How can you book an appointment?

To request an appointment, you can call or email the practice. Alternatively, fill out our online contact form, and we will get back to you.

What payment options do you have?

Please click here to learn more about fees and medical aids. In most cases card and cash payments can be made.

Do you need a referral?

Dr Hayden does not specifically need a referral, but it is helpful to have a back ground of your medical history. Sometimes your Medical Aid requires a referral from a designated service provider (such as your general practitioner) to pay part or whole of the consultation. Please enquire from your Medical Aid.

Are minor procedures done in rooms?

Vasectomies are done under local anaesthesia in the rooms for patients not on medical aids. Other minor procedures that are done include catheter exchanges, bladder instillations and attending to post-surgical wounds. Please enquire from the rooms prior to attending for a minor procedure.